As part of the changes to the NHS brought about by the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and Strategic Health Authorities (SHAs) ceased to exist on 31 March 2013. Their responsibilities were taken over by Clinical Commissioning Groups and the NHS Trust Development Authority.
For more details please see: www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/06/act-explained/ or click on the links below.
At the heart of the new health and care system making sure that NHS services deliver the best possible care for patients.
Provides public health leadership and expertise, and works to improve the nation’s health and wellbeing, and to reduce healthinequalities.
Health Education England are responsible for the education, training and development of the healthcare workforce.
Sets objectives and budgets and holds the system to account on behalf of the Secretary of State.
The CCG is proposing to submit an application for authorisation in ‘Wave 2’ with a view to being authorised by late 2012. All CCGs are required to develop and evidence robust arrangements and the process of authorisation is an assessment of confidence in the CCG’s potential for success.
The domains that the CCG will be assessed against include:
A strong clinical and multi professional focus which brings real added value
• Meaningful engagement with patients, carers and communities
• Clear and credible plans which continue to deliver the QIPP challenge within financial resources
• Proper constitutional and governance arrangements
• Collaborative arrangements for commissioning with other clinical commissioning groups
• Great leaders who individually and collectively can make a real difference
What have we achieved so far?
• We have a senior team in place with support of the membership
• We have developed our Operating Plan for 2012/13
• We have a Clinical Commissioning LES
• West Hampshire Clinical Engagement Network Map
• Communications and Engagement Strategy
• Locality Structure
• Formal agreements about how we work with our partners in Calleva and Southampton, and collaborative arrangements with neighbouring CCGS
• Developing governance structures
Our application will be submitted in September. Part of this will be a 360 stakeholder survey that IPSOS MORI will be completing throughout the summer.